If you’d like to play along, just follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. Be sure you link back to the original post.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
So, here are the questions:
- I first came to your blog after a somewhat controversial DC Blogs Round-Up in September of 2008. Do you have any regrets about that posting?
Yes, I never like offending people (despite doing it fairly often), and I never like finding evidence that I'm not in synch with the community around me, whatever that community might be. At the same time, I discovered some new blogs and writers through that incident (new to me, such as DC Peg) and that was good.
- On your blog, you have thirty "Fun Foilwoman Facts. What would be number thirty one?
I can't decide what is more important for a happy life: olive oil; dark chocolate; a good steak; decent ice skates; a collection of yarn and knitting implements; Australian Shiraz; the music of Elvis Costello, Dire Straits, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Bruce Springsteen, the English Beat, etc.; or the works of Mario Vargas Llosa or Margaret Atwood (or any other of my two hundred or so favorite authors. Obviously, my children and friends are most necessary, but outside of the hierarchary of needs and people I love, everything else listed is in pretty tight competition.
- If you were to view your life as a piece of software, what's your version number (i.e. Foilwoman 2.6?). Please explain.
I think at this point it would have to be version 7.3 or something. I've had a few careers, life as a kid, life as a young adult/student, life as a single young woman, life as a married woman, life as a mother-and-type-A career type, divorcing-and-just-holding-my-head-above-water-me, and the new-and-improved-me now before you. Obviously, version 8.0 can't be far off, but right now it's a revised version.
- You were a Hillary Clinton supporter. When was the first moment that you began to embrace Barack Obama's candidacy/presidency?
Once it became clear that Clinton wasn't going to win the nomination, I decided to support Obama. I didn't become enthusiastic until it became clear that his strategy of ignoring Republican attacks was the right one. Early on in the primaries, I had decided that whichever of the two, Clinton or Obama, was the candidate, that would be the candidate I supported, but it wasn't until fairly late in the game that I really thought Obama could win. I'm glad he did, even though I had some real concerns about sexism in the campaign.
- Please describe your favorite email received since starting your blog. Bonus: describe your least favorite too.
Probably Cookie's email saying he was coming to the U.S. Or one of Kira's cheering emails. Actually, it has to be Champurrado's recipe for chicken enchiladas, arriving in the early days of my separation/divorce. A life saver. Also his recipe for pots de creme. As for least favorite, I really can't think of any. I have received surprisingly few negative comments, much less emails, on this blog. I don't know why that is, but I'm not complaining. Oh, one reader once was very unkind to a good friend of mine in comments and email, and that was unpleasant. What's the bonus?
Finally edited to appropriately link to Restaurant Refugee's blog and post on February 6, 2009.