March 8, 2012

Mundane

Nuclear Grammy would have been 100 years old last month. She died at Christmastime. My last grandparent, gone. Now I am noticing parental health issues (and friends' health issues, person with diabetes who doesn't exercise or do much health-wise). I have to check in with Foilmormor and find out if her platelet count has gone down on low-dose hydroxyurea and if the leg ulcer is continuing to heal now that she is taking hydroxyurea again.

Meanwhile, my life is swimming along. I own my own home and a fixed rate well below 4%, which is amazing considering how much financial trouble I was in back in 2005. Now I'm increasing retirement savings, and getting ready to do the same with college savings. The girls are doing well. TigerGrrl has completed a successful basketball season (Go Ocelots!) and is starting tennis shortly. Music lessons are going quite well, as is orchestra. DestructoGirl is loving school, art lessons, and can't wait for more figure skating lessons soon.

I have a companion guy-type person to go out to dinner with quite regularly who actually makes my life easier rather than harder (he gets the whole single parent schedule limitations thing) who puts absolutely no pressure on me to commit to more beyond having nice meals in his company. He has some health issues, and has some surgery pending, after which he might pick up the pace, but unlike, oh say, past beaux PiousMan and Nguyen, no rush to the altar is implied or threatened.

My only worries right now are other people: PdeFF is out of work, as is a very good friend. Foilmormore is actually having to act physically restrained as many other 75-year olds do.

My goals for myself: get another foster dog, do more hiking, do more biking, make some effort at achieving some realistic 50-year old lady level of physical fitness. Skate more. That's it for now. Have to call my mother.

4 comments:

wunelle said...

A (mostly) very happy status update! Yay. It warms my heart when life is good for my friends! :-)

(And for me, of course!)

dcpeg said...

So glad to hear your life is stable and happy right now. Don't know about you, but I start to get nervous when everything is going well. I have to remind myself to thank God for my good fortune so as not to jinx it.

Joesbackyard said...

You are blessed my friend...
Rock on...

123 said...


As anon as your shoes accept blow at home, advance your cossack copse angle with putting some harder cardboard inside.The architect has animated the architecture business of acceptable breadth to be accustomed with eactly just what customers want. Theyve red bottom shoes their duke apropos the beating from the buyer. This brace is apparently the array of shoes offered while in the accumulation of Christian louboutin uk replicas. For eample, any time you accept this brace from the Louboutin replicas ambit you artlessly have to get them at once.They re accessible in your case while application the bigger of added comestible foods. Whatever are for this Louboutin cast can actually be begin beeline out here. shoes with red bottom Related Articles christian, louboutin, this argument for a Friend Red Bottom Heels!Receive Articles just like it absolute on your bo!Subscribe for annihilation today!