April 29, 2012

Sick and Tired (but Life's Still Good)

I've had a cold and cough for two weeks. I've been to the doctor twice. I can't stop coughing. On the Metro, people eschew me. But I'm not sick enough to stay home. Some of the cough is allergies. Up in Northern New Hampshire, up in the North Country, I never had spring-time allergies. Here in the DC area, the home of pollen and dander, not so much. In the middle of all that, I chaperoned a bunch of first-graders (six and seven-year olds) to the National Zoo, have been getting DG to her figure skating lessons (she wants to be a figure skater when she grows up), getting TG and DG to Sunday school, softball, craft classes, cello, drama, etc. etc. etc. Three birthday parties in the last two weeks. One overnight trip to the Aquarium in Baltimore. Added to all that, I've been dating someone since last August, nothing serious, but a regular commitment to get together and hang out (over a nice meal, preceded by a Manhattan). Unfortunately, I've been sleeping less that when I had terrible insomnia in the now-amusedly-referred to as the Dark Time surrounding the divorce. I've somehow got to get more rest. Yet there is nothing I want to give up. Also, my favorite co-worker just retired. Until a replacement is hired, guess who does that work? Not seeing too much rest on the horizon. But life is still good.

9 comments:

wunelle said...

Glad to read the update!

dcpeg said...

Sounds like you had the same "grunge" I had in February into March. Hope your doc gives you an inhaler -- it could help with the coughing. Hang in!

cheapbags said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Foil - just wondering how you're doing and wanted to let you know that I now live in the DC area.

Prom

donetes S.A said...

Hey, I like your blog, It is amazin!! I have a blog too :)

Prom said...

How are you doing Foil?

123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

looks like you've taken a break, which is good. Glad to read that all is well. So much has happened in all our lives since I first followed your blog SO MANY years ago. We were up in DC a few weeks ago for the weekend. My, it feels different, much better than in the dark years. Hope 2013 will bring rest and even more creative energy to you and your family. - Delta Diva

Anonymous said...

oil of oregano!! Natures strongest antibiotic. Look it up, It really works.